CATSim: Simulation/Validity Studies for Computerized Adaptive Testing
CATSim is software that is specifically designed to help you develop simulation studies in accordance with best practices, performing three different types of simulation studies (monte carlo, real data, and hybrid) essential for validity documentation and legal defensibility. More information is available here.
Licenses for CATSim
Standard License ($995 per year) – These licenses are intended to be used by governmental agencies, non-profit organizations, or by school districts/colleges/universities for analyzing the data from their testing programs. Proof of governmental/non-profit status will be requested upon purchase.
Commercial License (contact us for price) – Please let us know how you intend to use the software.
Volume discounts are available, contact us for more information. Licenses are active for one year from date of payment.
Academic Discounts for CATSim
We provide discounted licenses for the following uses:
- Unfunded psychometric research at a university
- Use as a teaching tool in measurement courses at a university.
If you think you qualify for one of these discounted licenses, please contact email@example.com. All discount requests will be required to provide proof of their intended use.Grants are provided to cover costs of our software, allowing students to purchase a full academic license; please fill out this application form. Note that the demo version can also be used as a free student version.
CATSim is available via download. Please follow these steps to purchase :
- Select the appropriate license/quantity from the lists at the top of this page, and click “Add to Cart.” Then complete your purchase.
- Download the protected demo version (we will send a link) and install it on your computer.
- After payment is completed (that is, we receive your check/wire or run your credit card), you’ll follow our activation instructions which we will provide you. You will then be presented with two unlock codes. Send those to Assessment Systems (firstname.lastname@example.org), along with your name and Invoice number. We will send back a key code that will unlock the program into the full version.