Designed specifically to address important psychometric issues
Benefits of IRT
Advantages of Xcalibre 4
1. Superior output: save time by utilizing the rich text file (RTF) format prepared as a formal report with embedded tables and graphics, rather than having to build your own report manually. Graphics include the item response function (IRF), the item information function (IIF), the test information function (TIF), and conditional standard error of measurement (CSEM), and numerous frequency distributions. In addition, you can also overlay the empirical fit line with the IRF.
2. More models: Dichotomous models include the 3PL, 2PL, 1PL, and Rasch models. Five polytomous models (below) are also included, plus you are allowed to mix the models for mixed-format tests.
3. Screening: automatically screen out items with unacceptable classical statistics before performing the IRT item parameter calibration.
4. Custom flagging: customize item flagging rules by specifying acceptable ranges and your own flag labels.
5. Produces spreadsheets: easily import results into test development software because statistics are saved as a comma-separated value (CSV) format, which is also able to be easily manipulated (sorted, highlighted, etc.) in spreadsheet software.
6. More theta estimates: can now be produced for multiple domains as well as the full test.
7. Mastery testing: automatically implement cutscores for criterion-referenced tests.
8. More items: analyze up to 1,500 items at once.
9. Pilot/pretest items: compute classical statistics for pretest (pilot or unscored) items to be used for item evaluation.
10. Multiple runs (batch): utilize a “batch” type of capability, to allow you to run multiple data sets without having to use the graphic user interface for each run.
11. Differential item functioning (DIF): evaluate DIF with the Mantel-Haenszel approach.
12. Scoring-only functionality: score examinees using previously calibrated IRT parameters, for example with paper-based tests.